Movie Pix is a personalized Movie & TV recommender & discovery app with an advanced AI algorithm which makes suggestions based on learning your tastes. It also has social features which allows viewing friends preferences. Most importantly it makes group watching recommendations by combining the taste of all the users who are watching together.
The app will always be free, with no in-app purchases or ads, ever.
Includes two proprietary recommendation systems to help you determine what to watch:
- The "global" score is a competitor to the IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, or MetaCritic scores. This is based on all our user feedback of the show & ignores personal taste. This helps you find trending & popular shows.
- Your "Personality Match" which is based on your personal tastes determined by your movie & actor ratings.
- Recommendations update instantly every time you rate something. Also, shows you've ignored disappear so you can constantly discover new content.
- Watch Trailers directly from the app, including a continuous-play mode which cycles through each unseen video in your top recommendations.
- See What's Playing in Theaters & buy tickets directly from Fandango
- Search & navigate directly to major streaming platforms, including free services
- Browse lists of similar shows to the ones you already like
- Track your Seen List & Watch List
- View details on future movie releases currently in planning & filming stages
- Advanced Search (By Actor, Director, Genre, MPAA Content Rating, Streaming Platform, or Friends Tastes)
- View Movie, TV Show, & TV Episode details (Synopsis, Actors, Directors, Crew Members, similar shows, friends who've watched it)
- View Actor & Director details (biography, list of shows, roles, & characters)
- Search for shows, people, or cast members by name (auto-correcting of spelling mistakes)
Planned & Upcoming Features
- Ability to write reviews, comments, or questions via a social message board forum similar to Reddit. Discuss news, theories, easter eggs, sequels, trivia, quotes, goofs, soundtracks, & avoid spoilers
- "Parent's Guide" to help your children avoid mature content
- Import your ratings from other services like NetFlix, Facebook, or Amazon
- Celebrity look-alike list
Supported Streaming Services
- Amazon Prime Instant Video
- Fandango Now
- Google Play Movies & TV